Monday, February 11, 2013

Meet Andrew Roberts, YPB Member

Andrew Roberts, YPB Member
Andrew's heart is purple for his friend and fellow YPB member, Heather Rosenberg. "While I never had the pleasure of knowing her father personally, I witness the embodiment of his strength in Heather every day. While I cannot pretend to know the hurt that comes with losing a parent, I feel it is my duty to do my part to prevent that hurt from touching others."

Now, for some fun facts about Andrew...

His favorite quote: “Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on, forever.” – Coach Jim Valvano

Andrew's grandfather, Wallace Roberts, inspires him. He passed away from lymphoma in 2002. A survivor of polio as a child, Wally was never willing to let his disability affect his daily life or his work as a farmer. Bedridden from the chemotherapy and radiation, my grandpa still had an endless supply of jokes and smiles. He will always drive me to be strong.

As a child, Andrew wanted to be a Centerfielder for the Chicago Cubs when he grew up.

Andrew is a consultant and currently resides in Chicago's River North neighborhood. He went to Miami University and is from Buffalo Grove, IL.

No comments:

Post a Comment